house of vans dxb.
The time we built a skatepark in the sky.
To bring one of the world's top branded event franchises to the Middle East for the first time, in an only-in-Dubai way.
We decided this one was going to be all about the real local skate scene, not influencers. We embraced the Deira-based skate scene and flipped Dubai's swanky VIP culture to cater to our superfans instead.
A skatepark in the sky, built in DIFC's swankiest penthouse, the three story shell unit that we dressed up to look like a glitzy penthouse taken over by the local skate scene. Local live music stage, global skate teams and workshops, live fashion customization, and food and drinks gone wild, this was a local skate kids dream come true.
The magic details:
- A fully functioning skatepark built to standard on the 43rd floor of Central Park Towers in the posh Financial District
- On-the-spot dirty shoes contests that shamed shiny white clean Vans and celebrated scuffed up skated-in and drawn-upon shoes with cash prizes
- Waffle makers brought in from Vans global offices to nod back to the shoes waffle-sole heritage
- Countless moments of local kids learning to skate from global greats
- One of the liveliest live music stages in recent history in the city
- Kids skating thru the lobby of one of Dubai's most premium buildings